BIR2014 invites proposals for research workshops related to the BIR topics to be held in conjunction with the conference. The theme for BIR conference is making a smarter difference with ICT .
- The workshops are self-sustainable (not sponsored by the main conference).
- The length of a workshop is from 4 hours to 1 day.
- Workshop venue and equipment are provided free of charge.
- Registration is handled by BIR2014 organizers.
- Selected best papers will be published in Springer LNBIP post-conference proceedings.
- The organizer(s) of approved workshops are responsible for the following:
- Advertising BIR2014 and their workshop (including website)
- The review process for their workshop's papers
- Selection of the best papers for the post-conference proceedings in Springer LNBIP
- Collection of camera-ready copies of selected accepted papers (verifying that they comply with the formatting rules) for the post-conference proceedings in Springer LNBIP
- Attending the entire workshop and providing a summary of the event to the BIR2014 workshop chairs.
- Workshop proposals should be submitted to Nicklas Holmberg email@example.com no later than February 15, 2014.
The proposal should cover the following points:
- Workshop title
- How is the focus of the workshop different from / related to the main conference
- The main goals of the session
- List of the workshop topics.
- Organizers and PC members:
- PC chairs and / or other organizers who will be present at the workshop or are otherwise involved, including the person responsible for web presence and communications
- Names, addresses, and affiliations of all those listed
- One-paragraph biographical sketch for each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Information on how many attendees are expected by the workshop.
- Information on how many papers are expected by each workshop and what are the targeted acceptance rates for Springer proceedings.
- Historical figures from earlier editions of the workshop (if any).
- Brief information on plans for publicizing the workshop and making it highly visible.
- Special requirements for special arrangements at workshop location (if any).
Services for workshops provided by BIR2014
- Publication of Springer proceedings, based on a pack of source files delivered by the PC chairs, including a preface, list of authors, and other documentation (to be defined).
- Local organizational infrastructure and administrative support (registration, badges, refreshments, beamers, screens, etc.).